Year of Blessings

I'm so bad at this! It's been what, like, two months since I have been on here? With that being said, let's do a recap of 2018. Warning, this is probably going to be fairly long, so if you make it to the end, kudos to you!

2018 was a year of unexpected events, to say the least. But this past year has taught me to be patient and be okay in the waiting.

January and February were uneventful, which was great considering how much of a whirlwind March was. On March 13th, I had major hip surgery. The doctor planned on only cutting my iliopsoas tendon. Of course I never do anything as planned. He ended up having to release another tendon, shave my ball and socket, and put anchors into my joint. For the next six weeks, I was on my beloved crutches, Deloris & Jimmy John (they were practically a part of me so I had to name them, right?).
man do I look rough😂
Anyway, April was exciting! I turned 19. My mom took my sister and I to see Wicked in Nashville for our birthdays! Mom's best friend from work also tagged along. It was such a fun weekend!

May was one of my favorite months, because we brought our little Zeke home all the way from Georgia! Also, I began NLN in May!

Oh, July, I loved you. After 10 years, our family FINALLY went on a much needed vacation. We went to Pawley's Island in South Carolina. Ugh, I love it there and want to go back, like now!

Flash forward a few weeks to August. I was in the "oh crap" mode, because school was starting. But hey, I just finished my first semester of college and I love it🙊
cliche first day of school pic!(but look at Zekie!)
The last two months have been filled with family, food, and fun! I'm pretty sure I gained at least 12 pounds from Thanksgiving and Christmas! It was so fun to see family and enjoy each other's company.
So, yes, this year has been full of blessings, but it was also one of the hardest times my family has gone through. My dad lost his job when we returned from vacation, but praise the Lord, he will be starting a new one is just a few days. 
I am finally to the point of where I am genuinely happy. I love school, and have even made some great friends! 2019 will be the "Year of Nat". I'm determined to keep the joy I have and remain patient while I wait for the future. I hope you all have had a wonderful year, and 2019 is nothing less than fabulous for you!
Lots of love,
Nat

Oh, there were also many, many girls nights which are always good for the soul!




Comments