Into the Unknown

(sorry if you started singing that😉)

Hello friends! I hope you’re staying healthy and sane during this crazy time. Going on week 3 of quarantine here in the Ford house and it’s safe to say we all need a break from each other. At my church I lead the high school girls, and a few of them have asked how I’m staying so calm throughout all the chaos happening with the coronavirus. To be totally honest, I’m not doing so great. My classes are all online now, I can’t go to church, can’t see my friends, and I can’t even go to work. And to top it all off, my sister is getting married at the end of May and there’s the possibility of having to postpone it. This girl is stressed to the max! But I’ve been thinking about how we can grow from this.

I completely understand how harmful this virus is and how quickly it can be spread. Instead of being in a panic, like sooo many people, I feel an odd sense of peace about the illness. The way I look at it is that God knew when it was going to happen. He knew, and still knows, who will get it, who will recover from it, and who will even die from it. This is all a part of His plan! We don’t have to understand it or even like it; He just ask us to do one thing which is TRUST in Him and the plan that’s been created. God has known since before I was even born whether or not I would get the coronavirus, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that. Yes, I can wash my hands and social distance, but if it is part of His divine will for me to go through it, it will happen. Perhaps this is God’s way of shifting our attention off of ourselves and back to Him. I’m not just talking about the virus, but when we completely surrender our trust and faith to Him, we don’t have to be afraid of what’s coming. One of my most favorite songs is Bethel’s “Raise a Hallelujah”. This should be our anthem not only during this pandemic but also in our every day lives. The second verse has played constantly in my head.

I raise a hallelujah
With everything inside of me
I raise a hallelujah 
I will watch the darkness flee
I raise a hallelujah 
In the middle of the mystery
I raise a hallelujah
Fear you’ve lost your hold on me

During this chaotic time, we should be declaring this. The darkness will flee and fear will lose its grip if we just raise our hallelujahs to the One who is our helper and deliverer! So in this unknown time I pray that all of us would lean into God instead of the mass chaos around us. Stay 6 feet apart and wash those hands!

Lots of love,
Nat

Comments