Your Own Pace

Happy Monday, friends! A few years ago I saw a quote on Pinterest that said, "Just because it took you longer than others, doesn't mean you failed". It stopped me in my tracks and I had to read it a few times. There have been times in my life where I felt like a failure because I am not going at the same pace as everyone else my age. Even right now I feel a little bit like a failure. I should be in my senior year of college, while I'm just now a junior. The people I went to high school are almost done with school and are ready to start their dream career while I still don't even really know what I want to do. Some people my age are in successful relationships and on the path towards marriage while I'm still single. 

I've had to come to the hard realization that I don't need to focus on everyone else's pace. God didn't create me to follow in their path; He created a unique pace and journey for my life. There's a reason I'm not where other people are at in their lives. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you', says the Lord". He knows every aspect of every part of our lives! He knows what He's doing, even if we don't. In fact, we can have peace knowing that He knows what He's doing!

Follow the pace God has set for your life. I know it's so hard to see others reaching goals while you feel like you're lagging behind. You have been placed where you are for a reason. You are not a failure!! Keep pushing forward, you're gonna get there!

Lots of love, 
Nat

Comments