Any Way It Goes

 I say this every time, but I really do mean to post more often! Life gets busy, school starts, and I just don't have the time to sit down and write. I really want to get better at making it a goal for each month.

 Anyway, today I'm talking about something I've talked about before, and something that is heavy on my heart in my life right now: waiting for what's next. I feel almost like I'm "stuck" where I'm at; I'm not moving forward and I'm not moving backwards. I know what He has placed on my heart to do and where He's leading me, I just have to wait for the right time.

I personally think waiting on God is one of the hardest parts about being a Christian. We know what we're called to do, but we're just waiting for Him to say, "okay, it's go time". Personally, there's something I've been praying about for almost a year now, and it just isn't going to happen until at least next year & I'm okay with that. Clearly He is needing me to learn something in this next year to prepare me for what He's got planned during this next journey of my life. 

The other day I was talking with someone and they said they don't understand why God just won't give us what we want and asked why God would keep things from us that we really want. Honestly, I don't know why it's God's will to give us somethings, while not giving us others. In particular, this person is wanting to have a child, and doesn't understand why a loving God would not let her have one. Her question made me think of a song that we sing in church. The chorus says: "I know He can do it, but even if He doesn't, I will worship anyway. Any way it goes". Whether or not God chooses to give us what we want, He gives us exactly what we need. Psalm 23 literally says that we lack nothing. Sure, we may not understand it, but that's why He's God and we're not! He is forming every little aspect of our lives to create something so uniquely divine for His kingdom. It's hard, but during these times of joy, and heartbreak, worship should be our main focus. Thank Him for what He has given us and for what He's going to do even through our heartbreak!

Be joyful in the waiting because He is preparing you for something far greater than you could imagine!

Lots of love,

Nat


Comments